Your privacy with Kaspr
First and foremost, your contacts and your personal information belong to you and you alone. Nothing comes before user privacy.
Kaspr is a service that uses natural language processing and other advanced computer intelligence to extract contact information from the web, api, your emails in a seamless and reliable way.
We also use advanced heuristics to determine whether an update to a specific contact is sufficiently distributed and reliable before propagating it across the network of users who have that person in their address book. And you have total control over this process, including opting out of it altogether below, even if you’re not a Kaspr user.
We recognize and support GDPR laws. More info on how we meet the GDPR criteria can be found here.
This section describes how the data is collected, stored and maintained by Kaspr during the whole client-life inside Kaspr’s systems:
• Kaspr keeps all user data private.
• Kaspr manages and controls how the data is stored
• Kaspr replies to any customer request about his data in less than a month
• Inquiries regarding personal information and information removal are always free of charge
Information we collect
To use Kaspr, you must authorize Kaspr to automatically collect header information and signature blocks contained in the emails. This includes any emails stored in your email account, and any future emails until you disable the service. Kaspr captures the email headers and signature block information from the email. We then immediately purge the rest of the email from the Kaspr system. By using the email signature functionality, you consent to Kaspr having access to your email messages in order to gather new contact information.
When you register for and use our services, you may provide to us the following types of Personal Information about yourself and your contacts:
1. Registration Information. To open a Kaspr Account, you must provide your name, email address, and a password.
2. Credit Card Information. When you purchase some of our services, you provide your payment card information.
3. Social Networking and Email Platform Information. For some of our services, you must link your Kaspr account with another email, network, or social network account. When you link accounts with your Kaspr account, you provide your email account or network credentials, including your passwords, and other account information.
4. Referral Information. When you choose to refer Kaspr Services to your contacts or friends, we will use your contact information to automatically generate invitations and followup reminders to the contacts and friends you select.
5. Feedback Information. You may provide additional information through online forms, surveys, contests, and communications or by other means. We store this information and associate it with your Registration Information. You are not required to provide such information to us, but some Services may not be available to you unless you do.
6. Application Data. When you choose to install and use our Services, you consent to our collection of contact information about you and your contacts on your mobile device and in the various address books that you choose to link to your account. Application Data includes Personal Address Book Information and communication information. You may also choose to grant us additional permissions at any other time.
8. In addition, we may automatically collect information about your use of the Services, including:
9. Information about your smart device, including unique device identifiers, the manufacturer of your device, the phone model, the operating system used, mobile network information, screen usage data, and the version of the Application or Services.
10. Information about your browser, including log information, Internet protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring URL and the date and time of the request, hardware settings, and other system information, such as system activity and crashes.
11. Screen usage data and other aggregate, or statistical data.
How we use your information
We may use your Personal Information:
• for registration;
• to help serve you relevant and meaningful content;
• to provide, maintain and improve our Services;
• to contact you as described below;
• to charge your payment card if you have opted into certain premium Services;
• to update our Kaspr Network;
• for our internal business purposes including billing.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you:
• regarding the Services;
• in response to your inquiries and requests;
• with alerts or newsletters;
• with updates about our service;
• with opportunities to participate in polls, quizzes, and surveys or contest and reward programs; and
• with promotional messages on our behalf or on behalf of our trusted partners.
You can opt-out of receiving promotional messages by following the instructions which are included in each communication.
We also may use Personal Information with your consent or as otherwise required by law.
We use the information we automatically collect about your use of the Services to evaluate the performance of the Services, and to generate aggregate statistics for our benefit or for our service providers and trusted partners.
The Kaspr Network
The contact information we collect from you when you use our Services (including name, company, business title, work address, work phone number, work mobile phone number, work fax number, and business email address) is stored in our central network server (the “Kaspr Network”). The Kaspr Network may also contain data from publicly available sources and from our trusted business partners.
When we share your information
We may share your Personal Information:
• with partners and cosponsors as part of a poll, quiz, survey, contest, reward program, or other activity in which you choose to participate
• as part of a change in control or sale of all or part of Kaspr or its subsidiaries;
• to verify or enforce our Terms of Services or other applicable policies and guidelines; or
• as required by law (for example, in response to valid legal process from a government agency).
In addition, we may share information stored in our Kaspr Network with users of our Services or with our strategic business partners. We may make the information in the Professional Kaspr Network available to our business clients and partners for data hygiene related processes and for marketing business information, including by contacting the companies and business individuals represented in the Kaspr Network for employment, commercial and business opportunities and for other purposes permitted by law.
We may share other information that is not Personal Information for various business reasons and purposes. When we share this information, we ensure that no individual contributing user or visitor is specifically identified or linked to such information.
We may use session and persistent cookies. Session cookies exist only during one session and disappear from your computer when you close your browser software or turn off your computer. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you close your browser or turn off your computer. Session cookies make it easier to navigate our Website and persistent cookies are used to remember users’ information so they do not have to enter it more than once and to improve our Services. Most Web browsers allow you to disable most types of cookies. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access some of the functionality offered on our Sites.
A “Web beacon” (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs) is a small and often invisible graphic image or other web programming code embedded in a web page or email. We use Web beacons or similar technologies for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to our Sites, to monitor how users navigate our Services, and to count how many e-mails sent were actually opened. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings. We may associate Personal Information with Web beacon activity of users.
We use various third parties to help provide the most valuable Services to you as possible. The provisions that follow set out our relationships with the following third parties as they relate to your information:
• Service Providers
• Social Networks and Email Platforms
• Ad Servers
Service Providers. Our service providers may include network advertisers, ad agencies, third-party traffic measurement services, and other vendors. We use these third-party service providers:
• to collect and store data regarding use of our website and Services;
• to serve our advertisements on other websites, within third party applications, and across the Internet;
• to provide us with information regarding the effectiveness of our advertisements; and
• to build and maintain user profiles.
To provide these analytics and advertisement services, our service providers may collect certain information about your visits to our websites and use of our Services. They also may store the information we collect about you.
Social Networks and Email Platforms. We offer you the option of linking your social networking (such as Twitter and Facebook) and email accounts (such as Gmail/Outlook) with your Kaspr Account. Some of our Services require you to link accounts. For example, to use our Automatic Daily Updating Service, you must link your email account to your Kaspr Account.
Ad Servers. We may use third-party ad servers to serve ads that may interest you. These third-party ad- servers may automatically collect information about your visit to our websites and to other websites. They do this by using Cookies, Web Beacons and other technologies. The information ad servers collect may be used, among other things, to deliver advertising targeted to your interests and to better understand the usage of the Services and visits to the Sites and the other websites tracked by these third parties. Third-party ad servers may collect and use Personal Information from other sources as part of their ad serving.
You may choose to opt out of our use of your Personal Information or unsubscribe from our Services at any time. To request that we stop using your Personal Information, or to unsubscribe, please send a request through the Kaspr Privacy Contact Form. Additional verification information may be required to process your requests. We will respond to your verified requests within thirty (30) days.
You also may update your Registration Information through your Account on our Services. You also may stop using our Services by removing our applications from your device. For Services that access or link to any other account you may have (e.g., email or social media accounts), you must deactivate the links between your Kaspr account and your other accounts to stop using our Services. Please note that we may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives prior to your opt out. To help ensure data quality and accuracy, business professionals whose business contact information may be listed in the Professional Kaspr Network may access their own business information upon request.
You can prevent collection of Personal Information from third-party email and social networking services (such as Facebook, Twitter or Google) by not linking your email or social networking accounts with your Kaspr account.
In addition to the choices outlined above, you may adjust any settings and permissions on your device(s), browser(s), and social networking and email accounts. Please refer to information from your device manufacturer and other services providers to determine how to make these changes.
How we protect information
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the security of your information against unauthorized access and disclosure both online and offline. These measures include the implementation of reasonable technical, physical and administrative data security safeguards that are consistent with our business operations and industry standards. For example, we use secure socket layer (“SSL”) or other encryption technology when transmitting your Personal Information between your system and ours.
We also employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information. Access to Personal Information is restricted so that only certain of our employees are granted access to information as appropriate to perform specific jobs and tasks.
Some information is also stored in an encrypted form within our own databases. We use appropriate security measures to store payment card information. While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of our systems, no applications, website or Internet transmission is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. We urge you to take steps to keep your Personal Information safe (including your username and password), and to log out of your account after each use.
Our Services are not intended for or directed to children. Children under 18 are not eligible to use our Services. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 years old and understand that you must be at least 18 years old in order to create an account and purchase the Services advertised through our websites and applications. We do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered Personal Information from children younger than the age of 13, we will take reasonable measures to delete or destroy such information from our records.